When you think of Thanksgiving, what is that one special meal or recipe that makes you feel like a kid again? We all have our favorite savory and sweet treats or mouthwatering favorites from yester-year. it comes to holiday baking, there’s always that one special recipe the family looks forward to year after year.
We thought we'd share some treats that will look right at home with your families traditional spread.
Holiday baking evokes special baking memories, and as recipes are passed down from one generation to the next, so are the ingredients. Here are a couple ideas to help you start a new tradition:
- Make the family’s favorite pumpkin pie recipe even more special by pairing it with a homemade caramel apple or butter pecan ice cream.
- Before putting the finishing touches on the family custard recipe, add a homemade caramel sauce for a sweet and sophisticated dessert.
- Looking for a new tradition? Try this delicious Pecan Pie Bread Pudding with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream.
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Yield: 9 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 (6 oz.) mini loaf French bread, cubed (8 cups loosely packed)
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 large eggs
- 1 14 oz can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- Smuckers® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavored Syrup
- Whipped topping
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spread bread cubes in single layer on 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake stirring occasionally. 10 minutes or until cubes are toasted. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Blend in sweetened condensed milk, dark corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir in toasted bread cubes and 1 cup pecans until evenly moistened. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Allow to stand 30 minutes.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or cooled with ice cream, syrup, caramel flavored syrup or whipped topping, as desired.
This recipe may be served as a dessert or a breakfast entrée. To serve for dessert, top with ice cream, caramel flavored syrup or whipped cream. For breakfast, serve warm drizzled with pancake syrup.
Vanilla Ice Cream
Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups (2pts.) half-and-half or light cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- COMBINE all ingredients in container of ice cream maker; mix well.
- FREEZE according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze leftovers.
- OMIT half-and-half. Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl. Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, whipped (DO NOT use non-dairy whipped topping). Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or other 2 quart container. Cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
These holiday recipes were provided by Eagle Brand.